Big thanks to Joe Foster and also to Sean Fowler!
Monday, November 21, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
We would like to thank all of the people we met on our trip, especially Jim and Biby Elfers for our stay at their wonderful lil place Brimwater Hollow...... awesome place!! It was our Spanish Castle and it was magical.
We would like to say thanks Juan and Mari owners of "Tortilleria California Star" for taking good care of us during our stay, always had fresh Tortillas and ice cold Cokes in the bottle!! And for their friendship as well!
Like to wave a hand at all the Bomberos in La Paz! Big thanks for the tour of your station and the cool patch!
Like to thank all of our friends from home that were helpful in getting us there! See ya again soon!
If you have been thinking of makin a trip south to surf, go for it! You wont regret a minute of it!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
The World's Top Stand-Up Paddlers Compete on Catalina Island for $15,000 prize Purse During the Catalina SUP Festival, September 30 - October 2, 2011
Event Includes Intense Competition, SUP films, Demos, Live Music and numerous event parties
AVALON, Catalina Island, Calif. (August XX, 2011) —The world's finest stand-up paddlers (SUP) and brands will converge on Santa Catalina Island Friday, September 30 - Sunday, October 2, 2011 for the Catalina SUP Festival
The weekend-long event, hosted by Santa Catalina Island Company and their partners REVO sunglasses, SUP Magazine, Sierra Nevada and Skyy Infusions, will include two days of races in the calm waters off Descanso Beach Club, demos, SUP films and numerous entertainment festivities. Clear waters, the best spectator course in the sport, and a world-class vacation experience are expected to make this the world’s premiere SUP festival.
"This event gives us the opportunity to showcase Catalina Island as a major SUP destination," said Brad Wilson, Santa Catalina Island Company’s Chief Marketing Officer. "Avalon is sheltered from the prevailing wind and swell, leaving flat water nearly year round. That, combined with Catalina’s famous crystal clear water, makes for a unique southern California SUP destination."
The event begins Friday, September 30th in the Avalon Theater with a SUP and waterman film festival and kick off parties for the next 2 days of competition.
On Saturday, the competition begins with the schedule as follows:
· (All Day) SUP board, paddle and gear demos on Front Street in Avalon Bay with the sports best brands and Expo on the lawn at the Descanso Beach Club.
· 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - The Elite Race features small heats of competitors paddling 2 laps each. Top racers from each heat will meet in the final event at the end of the race day (2 laps). Course paddle has multiple S turns and world class finish right in the middle of all the action. Spectator viewing at Descanso Beach, along the walkway and at the Casino Point and special guest viewing on Moorings in the middle of the course.
· 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. – Open age group race begins (2 laps) around the perimeter of the race course.
· 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Men’s and Women’s elite race final (2 laps). Cash prize purse.
· 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. - Saturday Island Luau Party and race awards at the Descanso Beach Club. 1st -3rd place in each age category will receive awards.
On Sunday, the festivities continue:
· (All Day). – Demo expo on Front Street in Avalon Bay and expo on the lawn at the Descanso Beach Club.
· 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Mass start distance race to Long Point and back for elites (8 miles round trip) and a 2-3 mile race for open age group paddlers.
· 12:00 pm - 3:00 p.m. - Descanso Beach Lunch, music on the lawn and event raffle.
The Santa Catalina Island Company will provide affordable transportation packages for athletes, vendors and fans to seamlessly transport gear and supplies to the island. Early Bird Registration offers are available for the first 200 registrants and include access to Skyy Infusions VIP party, Sierra Nevada Beer Garden Party, Board Transportation, both Saturday and Sunday races, board demos, film festival tickets, event T-Shirt, VIP Swag bag, 50% off R/T Boat transportation and discounts on accommodations. Register now at www.CatalinaSUPFestival.com. Don’t wait as spots are filling up fast. Also make sure to “Like” this event on facebook for R/T boar Also “Like” Catalina SUP Festival on Facebook for tons of giveaways including R/T boat tickets, VIP party tickets, and a grand prize 3 night Catalina SUP Festival vacation package for 4. Catalina SUP Festival Facebook page
Contact: Tim LeRoy, Lyman Public Relations
312-451-7679 or email@example.com
For more information, visit http://www.catalinasupfestival.com/ or http://www.visitcatalinaisland.com./
Thursday, August 4, 2011
|These were all shot a few weeks back at the RSS P.B. stop. It was a great day to shoot with SUPr's stylin and Shortboard shredders shreddin and beautiful ladies! This is what summer is all about!|
|And the ladies were well represented!|
|I'm really diggin' this shot with the reflection and shadow casted on the wave this guy was thrashin!!|
|Surf wasn't that big or good but everyone was gettin the best they could out of it!|
|Stabbin and a Slashin' the SUPrs were all havin fun and puttin on a good show for the lens and the crowd..|
|Caught this shredder gettin a GoPro pic by the dude with the hand plane|
|Lil backside slide!|